Global STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Diagnosis Market, Size, Share, Market Intelligence, Company Profiles, Market Trends, Strategy, Analysis, Forecast 2017-2022
Sexually Transmitted Disease Market Insights:
The Global Sexually Transmitted Disease Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period (2017-2022). A group of illnesses that can be transmitted from one person to another through the sharing of body fluids, vaginal fluids, blood and so forth is known as STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases). STD include more than 25-30 infectious diseases that are spread through sexual activities. In lack of treatment or awareness these diseases can lead to major health problems such as not being able to get pregnant (infertility), permanent brain damage, heart disease, cancer, and even death as STD has no early symptoms. A person exposed to STD must undergo a diagnosis for sexually transmitted diseases in a hospital or a health clinic. Common sexual transmitted diseases include human immunodeficiency virus, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes simplex virus, human papilloma virus and so on.
Sexually Transmitted Disease Market is growing at a faster pace owing to the rising incidences of unprotected sex, lack of awareness and so forth. The rising number of patients suffering from STD includes people from age group of 15 years to 24 years. Recommendations from various regulatory authorities for annual STD screening for sexually active men and women are expected to further fuel the demand for STD testing. STD screening services are now widely covered under healthcare services and are likely to augment the growth of the global STD testing market. Regulatory authorities such as the WHO, have outlined strategies for the prevention and control of STDs. Research activities are being carried out to understand the growing prevalence of STDs, particularly Syphilis, among bisexual men and gay. All of these factors are anticipated to boost the growth of the global STD (sexually transmitted disease) diagnosis market during the forecast period. Moreover, lack of knowledge related to STD and poor infrastructure provision such as labs, and equipment in underdeveloped countries such as West Africa acts as a hindering agent and blocks the growth of the global STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Diagnosis market.
Geographically, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World. North America is expected to dominate the STD diagnosis market owing to favorable government initiatives in the US for STDs diagnostics, favorable healthcare infrastructure and high awareness levels. However, the demand for HPV (human papillomavirus) tests has been increasing in the past few years owing to the rising awareness to examine the growth of cancerous cell within the cervix. Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the fastest growing region for the STD diagnosis market during the forecast period due to rapid spread of human papilloma virus infection among the female population in this region. This region is accounted as a leading market for STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Diagnosis in terms of growth. Additionally, the rising awareness towards personal care in emerging economies of India and China is anticipated to boost the STD diagnosis market during the forecast period.
The major players profiled in the Global STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Diagnosis Market include- Abbott Laboratories, Affymetrix, Inc., Alere Inc., Aposcience AG, BCR Biotech Inc., Becton Dickinson And Company, Biocartis SA, Biomerieux, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Cepheid Inc., Danaher Corporation, DiaSorin, Exogen Biotechnology, Inc., GenMark Diagnostics, Hologic, Inc., OraSure Technologies, Qualigen Inc., Quidel Corporation, Roche Diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and so on.
Global STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Diagnosis Market is segmented on the basis of disease indication, testing devices, technology, end users and regional outlook.
- Global Sexually Transmitted Disease Market Research and Analysis, by disease indication
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Market Research and Analysis, by testing devices
- Global STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Diagnosis Market Research and Analysis, by technology
- Global STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Diagnosis Market Research and Analysis, by End Users
- Global STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Diagnosis Market Research and Analysis, by Region
OMR Report covers:
- Comprehensive research methodology of Global STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Diagnosis Market.
- This report also includes detailed and extensive market overview with key analyst insights.
- Exhaustive analysis of macro and micro factors influencing the market guided by key recommendations.
- Analysis of regional regulations and other government policies impacting the Global STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Diagnosis Market.
- Insights about market determinants which are stimulating the Global STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) Diagnosis Market.
- Detailed and extensive market segments with regional distribution of forecasted revenues.
- Extensive profiles and recent developments of market players.